Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Is the Path You Follow Headed For Heaven?

John 14:6 says, "Jesus replied, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.' "
It can't be any plainer than that. Unless we put our faith in Christ Jesus, we cannot be assured that the path we are on will lead to eternal life. How God the Father will apply this truth is beyond our comprehension. Will we and our loved ones have a second chance to accept the truth of Christ's death and resurrection after our own death? We just don't know. But why take a chance about that when we have the opportunity to accept His salvation today.
Many people seek Truth. Some are looking in all the wrong places. The only sure path is the one Christ calls us to ... the path of truth that leads to Life (a richer Life, here and now; a promise of Life Forever after death.)
John 8:31-32, "...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." Freedom! We all want to be free. Free from worries, free from strife, free from anxiety and mostly, free from sin.
Trusting God is where the blessings begin. Psalm 13:5-6 says, "But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness: my hearth shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, because he has dealt bountifully with me." 
What path are you on? Choose the path of truth: the path of Christ. Let God deal 'bountifully' with you by trusting in His 'lovingkindness.'

No comments:

Post a Comment