Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Prayers of Gratitude

Some wonder just how one can stay in constant contact with the Father. Exactly how does that happen? One reliable way is to be continually offering prayers of gratitude.
You will find it hard to feel sorry for yourself when you are thanking God for all the blessings He bestows. You will find it hard to worry when you are praying with gratitude.
Colossians 3:2 instructs, "Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving." Praying with the attitude of thankfulness keeps you alert to the power and working of God.
This morning, during my quiet time, I listed many of the things for which I am grateful. From the big (friends who love me, a safe home, good health) to the small (a working computer, plants and flowers in my garden, pets that I adore). During the day today, my intention is to keep thanking God for all the ways He blesses me.
When you're in a conversation with a friend, you become closer as you share the important things about your life. When you're in a conversation with God, you become closer as you thank Him for all the blessings (people, things and events) that He has given you.
I love I Thessalonians 5:16-18, "Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
It is impossible to be both angry and thankful. You can't feel 'blue' when you are offering prayers of gratitude. Try it. You'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment