Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Aware of His Presence

A brand new year. A brand new devotional book, "Jesus Calling." A brand new journal. I love how God knows us so well. What a blessing to put the old behind us and reach out to a new beginning. Not only are His mercies new every morning, His presence is new and newly available each new year. We have a new opportunity to renew our minds (Rom. 12: 2): to start fresh, learning to be conscious of His care and devotion each moment of the day. In my quiet time this morning I was reminded of that lovely hymn, Moment by Moment:
"Moment by moment I'm kept in His love;
Moment by moment I've life from above;
Looking to Jesus till glory doth shine;
Moment by moment, O Lord, I am Thine."
That is my song and my prayer on this first day of 2014. His love never fails. Jeremiah 29:11 tells us "I also know the plans I have for you: plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." What a wonderful promise for the new year: hope and a future. Begin each day in His presence and stay close to Him all day long. Happy New Year, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment