Thursday, January 9, 2014

Jesus says, "Hold up a minute."

Are you someone who tends to rush ahead with your own plans instead of waiting to hear what God wants? Do you make decisions and then go back to get God's approval? Guess what ... we're all in the same boat.
I've made plenty of wrong turns; rushed into things before finding out what God's choice might be. Yet, praise Jesus, He has always found ways to clean up my messes. He is faithful even when I'm not. He doesn't abandon me, even though I run off in the wrong direction.
Are we willing to take the advice of Psalm 27:14? "Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord."
Jesus simply asks us to wait. Why do we find that so hard? We put ourselves into stressful situations when we fail to wait for God's timing. My prayer is to learn to wait patiently until I'm certain I've heard God's OK before making any more life-changing decisions. I know my life will be so much better when I know I'm within His will. Life will be more enjoyable when I make the journey with Christ at my side ... not behind me, trying to catch up. I only hope in the future I pay more attention when Jesus says, "Hey, hold up a minute."

No comments:

Post a Comment