Monday, January 6, 2014

Jesus Gives More than We Can Imagine

"More than we can imagine!" What a promise Jesus gives us in Ephesians 3:20: "With God's power working in us, God can do much, much more than anything we can ask or imagine." Has this happened in your life? I know it has in mine. I never imagine I'd ever own my own home ... yet Jesus provided one. I never imagined I'd have the opportunity to go back to college ... yet Jesus gave it. So many times I've asked the Lord for one thing and He's answered with more than I knew I could ask for.
You'll notice in the scripture above, that the operative phrase is "With God's power working in us, ..." It is only when we surrender all to Jesus that we can expect the unexpected. When we try to fix things on our own, we may achieve what we set out to do. But when we turn to Jesus for help, we often get something beyond what we could do ourselves.
Seems like the more extreme the difficulty, the more we see God's power at work. Just listen to this great promise in Isaiah 40:31, "Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary." Don't get tired or weary, just keep imagining the unimaginable.

No comments:

Post a Comment