Saturday, January 4, 2014

"I Trust You, Jesus."

My selected devotional for 2014, "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young makes this suggestion today: learn a new habit, say "I trust You, Jesus," in response to whatever may happen in our lives. Sick or in poor health? "I trust You, Jesus." Broken relationships or strained friendships? "I trust You, Jesus." Loss of a job or financial difficulties? "I trust You, Jesus." Depressed or directionless? "I trust You, Jesus."
In every situation, the answer is always, "I trust You, Jesus." Just think of His power ... to heal, to calm, to bring joy and peace. Believe He is beside you, ready to help you in the trying events of life. Why do we fret? Why worry? What have we to fear? We have the master of the universe as our friend.
In Isaiah 30:11 we find comfort: "Like a shepherd He will tend the flock, In His arm He will gather the lambs and carry them in His bosom; He will gently lead the nursing ewes." 
What more can we ask for? What joy to be held near His heart. We receive these blessings with gratitude ... and the fortitude to just keep repeating, "I trust You, Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment